Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Heart Garlands

I got a bright idea to make some Heart Garlands for our Cubes at work for our Dept.  It really doesnt cost that much to buy the supplies, especially when using coupons,  The Idea I got from a garland from Pinterest ,  see pic.



Well, I purchased 5 colors of felt, Red, Dark Pink, Light Pink, White and Purple. Made some templates, for 4 shapes of hearts. Nothing difficult yet...  then  I proceed to cut them out, various shapes, in varying numbers on each color.  5 days  later,  and with the help of a coworker, they are all cut out.  I am sure, if I had asked more coworkers to help, they would have, I just have a tendency to take on things for myself.  Is this a Type A personality, or a Type B ? Leave a comment if you know., not that it matters, but I need to investigate this info in depth. Anyway, tonight, I separated stacks by Colors, and by Sizes.  I don't know if it is me, or I  am just OCD or Anal, (not sure if that is the right word) anyway, after 3 hours, I have 13 garlands, ready to sew. 

I first had to separate by color and sizes, then put the exact sizes for 13 garlands, some varying colors, but mostly the same. anyway, Spreading them out, and coming up with a design, I laid them all out, and got them all lined up in a similar yet, slightly different colors, into 13 garlands ready to SEW !!  That is the next step !!

Here is a picture of my stacks.

 
Now they are ready to sew !  I actually came home today from work, thinking they would all be sewn by the evening.   Things just never go as planned.   Anyway,  at work, we are going to make Valentine sacks, like when school children exchange Valentines.  We thought it would be a fun and simple thing to do.  A few of us, have collected things to decorate our sacks.   More pictures to come after Valentines Day
 
UPDATE :-Feb 8,  I will be having 2 coworkers come over, they want to learn how to do a T-Shirt Quilt.  Even though I have not finished one, I do have the knowledge, and the paperwork , and books, to get this done. So we will be doing that soon.   Be sure and check back later for info on that, and for Pictures of our decorated Valentine Sacks, and The Finished Garlands !  !
 
More sewing and  creating so far this year,  yay for me !


No comments:

Post a Comment