Thursday, January 17, 2013

I hope 2013 is a productive Year !

Before I can start sewing, I really have to get to my sewing table !   aaahhh, I know all sew-ers are not like this, but a lot are.  I think they are all a lot more organized than I am. My sewing room is a catch all for anything, that I want out of the way of things.  Even though, it was organized at one time, it has not been for a few years.


  I went to a quilt show last weekend and bought some things to inspire me, and make me sew.  One thing I bought is a quilt kit. All the pieces to make the top and binding are included.  It is strips, what could be so easy ?  And all of them are already pre-cut !  It should be about 42" X 56 " when it is completed.  Ok, cannot get picture to upload, will have to do it later.  Oops, I hate it when technology does not go as simple and easy as it should sometimes.
  Well, off to clean off a few more things of that table, so I have room for the sewing machine and my projects.
 
Edited to add picture. 1.30.13

1 comment:

  1. Hey lady!

    My man and I were just talking about the fact that the sewing machine may be an obsolete item in a (hate to say it but this reflects when I grew up) woman's life these days. *What's a bobbin? lol When schools had Homemaking classes for gals, we learned how to do just that: Make A Home. How to cook was big. Sewing was also one of the skills taught.

    Yet it was my mom, my beautiful mother, that gave me my love and knowledge of sewing. From the little dresses she made for me as a 4 year old, that matched her beautiful, colorful beach caftans, to alllll the cheerleader outfits she painstakingly put together through the years, she was a talented and loving seamstress.

    Kudos to you my friend, for loving such an art such as sewing. You bring the cool back into it!!!

    Thanks for your encouragement and positive comments always! <3

    ReplyDelete