Sunday, April 28, 2013

Good Morning Flower Quilt Top Sewn ! !

Well, I had a friend over tonight, well, last night and until this a.m.   We call it an "all-nighter" we made it till  almost 6 am.  pretty long time for "old folks" ha ha.

She was working on a a dog bed, but decided, to make it a pillow case instead.  She wasn't sure, she wanted a new puppy, chewing up and possible ruining a lot of hard work, It was to be what started as a pillow, then you put edges with stuffing around it, so it would be a dog bed, but it looked so darned cute as a pillow, that she made some edges, and made it into a pillow case, I will have to have her send me a picture of it.  It was made with what looked like 1" squares, which is a lot of work. I don't think I would want a new puppy chewing up all that hard work either.

I hemmed a purchased blouse, (it was a little longer than I had wanted), then moved to a quilt kit I had purchased from a Quilt Show recently.  Here is the finished quilt top.

 
It is approximately 42 x57 or so at this point, I will probably get some fabric and make a border around it to make it a little bigger, then a backing fabric, then quilt.  I am so glad, I got the top done! I feel so productive, but really tired at this point in the morning.  I will be going to bed soon, and my husband will be waking up !
  I am excited to try out some stitching I have seen on "Craftsy", some  Free Motion Quilting which I have hardly done any of.

  I also, have some projects, of the "felt hearts" previously mentioned in recent  blog post , that I need to show photos of, and talk about.  Sometimes, this creative posting, does take time to put up, and I get a little behind.   Time for some shut-eye - goodnight.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment